Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Almond Joy's got nuts, Mounds don't.

Day 11: Almond Joy.
Like I've said before, I don't like a big taste of coconut, so I've never even wanted to try this candy bar. As I open the wrapper, I'm shocked to find that it's not even an actual candy bar. It's like two little bars. Wow, did I learn something new today! You can clearly see the almonds inside the bars, which I'm gonna love.
Oh, it's those little shreds of coconut in this thing. I was expecting like some creamy coconut nougat consistency inside. This is seriously shreds of coconut, a big almond, and a little touch of chocolate. It doesn't have a bad taste...you just really have to have an established comfort level with coconut before trying these. As you know, I don't like candy all that much, so I'm cutting this short. Since I can see the almonds just beneath the chocolate surface, I picked those out and ate them. Leaving the coconut...although it wasn't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment